Equity for All
Promote a school environment of EQUITY in which ALL students find connections, meaning, and understandings in their daily school experiences. All students will become affiliated and engaged with the educational process through connections to caring adults, like-minded peers, meaningful curriculum and coursework and ultimately their own learning.
Implement Pathways by...
- identifying and publishing Pathways, course sequences, clubs and activities available at each high school.
- analyzing student enrollment in each Pathway.
- establishing industry certifications and dual credit classes with RCC, SOU, and industry partners.
- working with Junior Achievement and Rogue Workforce Partnership to establish business and community partners for each Pathway.
Recruit and retain a diverse staff by...
- submitting a federal grant to recruit bi-lingual teachers.
- collaborating with current staff to support and retain diverse staff.
- strategically attending recruitment fairs and posting openings widely.
- recruiting current support staff and students into the teacher education program and current teachers into the administrative program.
Reduce bias in student management by...
- expanding restorative practices.
- reviewing discipline data to monitor for disproportionality.
- acknowledging Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACEs) and trauma informed practices.
Improve site based decision making by...
- training principals and site councils on best practices for engaging diverse voices.
Diversify participation of students by...
- reviewing demographic participation data for activities, athletics, and Advanced Placement (AP) classes.
- exposing all students to multiple opportunities at an early age.
- encouraging all students to participate in at least one co-curricular activity.
- implementing Unified Sports League.
- providing peer mentoring to students.
Promote family outreach by...
- providing opportunities for families to participate and engage with their school.
- increasing participation in parent-teacher conferences.
- encouraging parent participation on school-based site councils.
- leading parent outreach meetings and trainings.
Provide meaningful professional development by...
- conducting implicit bias training and feedback during school visits and classroom observations.
- piloting the implementation of Advancement Via Individual Determination (AVID) program.
- conducting Sheltered Instruction Observation Protocol (SIOP) and Constructing Meaning workshops.
- conducting Co-Teaching and Universal Design for Learning training.
WE WILL MEASURE OUR PERFORMANCE BY...
- comparing staff demographics to student demographics.
- reviewing student demographics in all athletics, activities, and courses.
- tracking each high school student's pathway choice and progress.
- analyzing dropout and graduation rates for all student groups.