Welcome to the Ruch School Web Page
Whether you are a current Ruch family or just visiting, we hope you will find the information you are looking for on this site. If not, just click the email link on the navigation bar at the left and let us know how we can assist you.
Please take a look at a short video about our school:
Mission Statement: Ruch Elementary School is committed to creating and maintaining a learning environment that provides each individual the opportunity to excel academically, socially, physically, and emotionally. In partnership with the community, we will guide students toward lifelong success and responsible citizenship.
- All people can learn, given an opportunity and the appropriate environment
- High expectations motivate learners to achieve their personal best
- All people have unique talents and abilities and are worthy of respect
- Students are responsible for their behavior and academic efforts
- All people in the community contribute to the success of the school
- Learning and performance are enhanced by positive self-esteem
- Quality education encourages lifelong learning
- The four components of literacy-reading, writing, listening and speaking are foundational to learning
- Respectful attitudes foster good citizenship and school pride
- Teamwork is essential in pursuit of educational goals
Motto: Proud to be a Responsible Individual Dedicated to Excellence (PRIDE)
School Colors: Blue and Orange
School Week: 4 Day School Week ~ Tuesday through Friday ~ No school on Mondays unless there
is a Friday holiday.
Grades: Kindergarten through 8th Grades Enrollment: 210 Staff: 21
Student Transportation: Students who live one mile or more from school are bussed to and from school. Children who live less than one mile from school walk or are transported by car.
High School Attendance Areas: After finishing eighth grade, Ruch students attend South Medford High School.