CROSS COUNTRY 2020
Cross Country for the 2020 season has been postponed until further notice.
Transportation after meets:
- Hedrick provides transportation to and from all meets. Athletes must ride the bus to the meet, and may ride back to Hedrick if needed.
- Parents may take their player home after any meet, at any location. They need to sign out with a coach prior to leaving. Please have your ID ready to show the coach.
- If a game is in Jackson County, someone other than the parent/guardian is allowed to drive an athlete home with a pre-approved note written by the parent/guardian. Notes must be approved by the athletics secretary by noon on the day of the event.
- If a contest is outside of Jackson County (Grants Pass, Roseburg, Klamath Falls), only a parent/guardian may transport an athlete home.
Come to practice prepared.
- Proper clothing & shoes
- Don't eat much right before practice.
- Drink frequent water all day.
- Trust your coach an you will succeed.
Come to practice everyday and on time!
- Be lined up by the large redwood tree near Jackson Street by 3:45.
Running off campus
- Run with a partner. No one runs alone!
- Follow traffic signals (be sure to look both ways)
- Run single file on roads
- Let and adult handle any issues
- Follow the correct course set by the coach
- Speed day
- Distance day
- Meet prep day
- Meets on most Thursdays
- Recovery/running games
Parents always pick up athletes at the lower Jackson Street entrance (near track/small parking lot). Please do not park in the bike lanes.