Test Taking Tips for Parents
The following tips will provide suggestions for parents on how to approach test taking with their kids:
- If you are anxious about your child's test, it's ok but try to keep cool around your child, you don't want them to get anxious about their tests too.
- Encourage your child to do well but don't pressure him/her. You may stress him/her out. It is important for your child to stay relaxed for the test.
- Keep a positive attitude about tests.
- Mark down test days on your calendar so you and your child are both aware of testing dates.
- Make sure that your child gets enough sleep on the night before the test.
- Ensure that your child eats a healthy breakfast and avoid heavy foods that may make him/her groggy and avoid high sugar foods that may make him/her hyper.
- Make sure that your child gets up early enough so that he/she will be on time to school.
- Talking about the test with your child can relieve stress about test taking.
- Praise your child for their hard work learning.