High School Graduation
Increase the GRADUATION rate to 90% by June of 2020. A high school diploma is a foundational credential. We want our students to complete a rigorous and focused academic program of studies, earn a credentialed diploma whereby each student can earn dual credit, accelerated credit, or an industry certification, and have a credible working plan for their growth and training at the post-secondary level. We expect an annual district graduation rate of 80% by 2017, 90% by 2020 and 100% by 2025.
Enlist each high school student to engage in a focused pathway (4 course sequence) of his or her choosing in one of the following: Academic, Artistic, Career and Technical Education, Pre-Professional.
Enhance credit acquisition and recovery by...
- reviewing student transcripts and assigning proper courses.
- monitoring credit acquisition quarterly.
Improve student attendance by...
- implementing Attention2Attendance (A2A).
- implementing coherent attendance program with interventions.
Implement Freshman Academy at North Medford High School.
Implement Freshman Advisory by...
- convening a task force to develop curriculum and guideline for Freshman Advisory.
- providing staff development for 9th grade advisors.
Align learning targets in content areas by...
- gathering teachers in grades 6-12 for district committees in ELA, Math, Science, Social Studies, and Health.
- creating an annual calendar for monthly meetings.
- publishing a district alignment document.
Review data quarterly on attendance, student performance, credit acquisition and create intervention plans by...
- identifying participants in school data teams.
- working with Information Technology (IT) to establish specific quarterly reports to publish to schools.
- establishing a quarterly meeting calendar for data teams.
- school teams publishing their data analysis and intervention plans.
Provide math and literacy interventions by...
- reviewing student proficiency in math and reading and assigning interventions.
- implementing scheduled interactions.
Furnish mentoring programs for students with disabilities by...
- developing mentoring programs with teachers, parents, students, and community groups.
Collaborate with Big Idea partners by...
- developing a success plan for the Class of 2020.
- convening follow up meetings with Big Idea and district.
Increase inclusive and co-teaching opportunities by...
- developing a plan for professional development for teachers at participating schools.
- establishing a structure for co-teaching at all schools.
Enhance family outreach regarding college and career opportunities by...
- working with high school counselors and site councils to create a family outreach plan.
Establish systematic and personalized college and career advising for students by...
- convening a summit with high school counselors, College Dreams, TriO and students to develop a plan of action.
- continuing development of Career Inventory Systems for grades 7-12.
- developing a Junior/Senior seminar system at the high school level.
WE WILL MEASURE OUR PERFORMANCE BY...
- tracking graduation rate data.
- tracking quarterly passing rate.
- tracking overall credit acquisition by grade.
- monitoring students on-track by credit accrual and essential skills.