Preparing teen parents for successful futures.
The Medford School District Teen Parent Program teaches about self-care, infant care, parenting, and study skills while connecting to community resources."Without this program, I don't know what I would do. It not only helped me prepare to have my baby, but kept me in school and set me up for a successful future." - Teen Parent Program Graduate
Who do we serve?
- Pregnant and parenting teens
- All students enrolled in Medford School District schools
- All students from surrounding areas with approved transfers
Not enrolled in school?
- If you have dropped out of school, are thinking of dropping out, or even if you have never enrolled in high school before - we can help you enroll and create a positive new education plan.
Educational Opportunities - You can earn a high school diploma or GED through a number of avenues:
- Traditional high school courses
- Full and half-day options
- Summer school
- GED Prep Classes
- Parenting and prenatal education
What if I just had my baby?
A home tutor will be provided with an approved doctor's release until baby is six weeks old. This will allow you to continue your education and return to school on track. Home visits from a health nurse and consultations are also available.
Other Services Provided:
- Transportation to and from school and appointments
- Free certified child care on North High campus for children ages six weeks to six years
- School meals provided for eligible students and their children. Breakfast and Lunch available
- Community resource referrals to all community agencies, including housing, social services, medical and health department services
- Employment opportunities through The Job Council
- Community partners available to meet with you at school, from agencies like Department of Human Services, The Job Council and the Health Department
Our Commitment to Excellence:
- Finish school
- Parenting & prenatal classes
- Participate in school activities
- Free childcare
- Meet new friends
- Caring environment
- On-site nurse
- Career planning
Child Development Center:
North Medford High School
1900 North Keene Way
Medford, OR, 97501