Bus Code of Conduct
State Rules Governing Student Conduct (OAR 581-53-010)
- Pupils being transported are under authority of bus driver.
- Fighting, wrestling, or boisterous activity is prohibited on the bus.
- Pupils shall use the emergency door only in case of emergency.
- Pupils shall be on time for the bus both morning and evening.
- Pupils shall not bring animal, firearms, weapons, or other potentially hazardous material on the bus.
- Pupils shall remain seated while bus is in motion.
- Pupils may be assigned seats by the bus driver.
- When necessary to cross the road, pupils shall cross the road in front of the bus or as instructed by the bus driver.
- Pupils shall not extend their hands, arms, or heads through bus windows.
- Pupils shall have written permission to leave the bus other than at home or school.
- Pupils shall converse in normal tones; loud or vulgar language is prohibited.
- Pupils shall not open or close windows without permission of driver.
- Pupils shall keep the bus clean, and must refrain from damaging it.
- Pupils shall be courteous to the driver, to fellow pupils, and passersby.
- Pupils who refuse to promptly obey the directions of the driver or refuse to obey regulations may forfeit their privilege to ride on the buses.
Medford School District Rules
- Pupils shall ride the assigned bus.
- Pupils shall not throw objects.
- Pupils shall not damage the personal property of others.
- Pupils shall not possess and/or use tobacco, alcohol or illegal drugs.
- Pupils shall only transport on the bus those objects which will fit in their laps or under the seat.