Program Desciption - Indian Education
It is the purpose of this part to support the efforts of local educational agencies, Indian tribes and organizations, postsecondary institutions, and other entities to meet the unique educational and culturally related academic needs of American Indian and Alaska Native students, so that such students can meet the same challenging State student academic achievement standards as all other students are expected to meet. 
The Medford School District 549C is part of a consortia led by the Southern Oregon Education District. For more information on the below services, please contact 541-245-4619 or http://www.soesd.k12.or.us/migrant-ed-ell/.
- Strong Futures - K ó p a S k û´k û m S a ý a - W a ý ê t : The Strong Futures program assists Native high school students and their families prepare for success after high school and includes campus visits for students.
- Rock Your Mocs!
- Access to Konaway Nika Tillicum
- Educational resources
- Consortium Parent Committee (CPC)
- Annual Native Games Event
- Culturally Responsive Education workshops for educators are also available, upon request
How to register for the program
Parents/guardians needs to fill out the Title VI Student Eligibility Form (Form 506) (PDF file) in order to register their American Indian/Alaska Native student. Please use a separate form for each student. Please return the completed form to: PESD - Candeena Jackson, 5465 S. Pacific Hwy., Phoenix, OR 97535. Candeena can also be reached through.
 U.S. Department of Education, Part A, SEC. 7102. PURPOSE. https://www2.ed.gov/policy/elsec/leg/esea02/pg98.html#sec7102 (April 9, 2018).