Post high school planning can be overwhelming, and the options and opportunities are endless. Whether you’re interested in cosmetology, web design, law, or construction, it’s probable you will need more training to reach your career goals. ASPIRE is here to help you realize and achieve those goals!
More information can be found HERE
ASPIRE MENTORS HELP STUDENTS:
- Explore educational and training options after high school
- Developing a post-high school plan
- Receive assistance with essays and applications
- Meet important deadlines
- Seek advice about college and technical training opportunities and choices
- Seek scholarships and financial aid resources
HOW DO I BECOME AN ASPIRE STUDENT with an ASPIRE Volunteer Mentor?
- Contact Jeri Childress in the Tornado Future Center
- Complete and return the permission form with a parent/guardian signature
- Mentor match! You will be matched with a mentor once your permission form has been returned.
At North Medford, we do not have many volunteer mentors. We run our ASPIRE program through the Tornado Future Center and the staff in the TFC help our students using the ASPIRE model of helping students. If you want a volunteer mentor, please let Jeri in the TFC know and we will connect you.
HOW DO I BECOME AN ASPIRE MENTOR?
Mentorship is key to the success of the ASPIRE program! You get to play a unique role in the life of a student as you help guide and assist them in pursuing their post-high school plans. Investing in a student through the mentorship process can help students gain focus, perspective, and hope for the future.
Successful mentors are enthusiastic, reliable, consistent, and follow the training and policies that ASPIRE provides to volunteers. Need more information? Check out this video!
Ready to join our team?
- Complete the Volunteer Interest Form, or contact Jeri Childress
- Complete the Volunteer Training Videos
- Complete the ASPIRE Volunteer Application, and return it to Jeri Childress
- You must satisfactorily pass a criminal background check. Some ASPIRE sites conduct personal reference checks and conduct interviews
- Complete the VIM process through the Medford School District and complete/pass MSD’s criminal background check
- Complete the ASPIRE Volunteer Orientation and Training