• Worker’s Compensation Information

    As required by law, the Medford School District provides Workers’ Compensation Insurance that pays benefits when you are injured or become ill as a result of your employment. You must report any work-related injury or illness to your supervisor immediately.

    Workers’ Compensation benefits are not guaranteed. To receive compensation, you must:

    • Prove that the injury or illness arose out of and in the course and scope of your employment.
    • Provide medical documentation to support your claim for medical coverage and wage replacement benefits.

    How to Report a Workers’ Compensation Event:

    Both you and your supervisor are responsible for reporting any work-related injury or illness. You will need to fill out an Accident/Incident form for any job related injury. If the injury required medical treatment beyond first aid, you will also need to complete a worker’s compensation claim form (801). That form must be filed in the Human Resources office within 24 hours. The forms are located below:

  • There are also other Oregon record keeping requirements for recording and reporting work-related fatalities, injuries, and illnesses. For additional information on these requirements please reference: