Grad Drive 2020 - Details for Seniors
When: Friday May 29
Time: Be there by 2pm
Where: Your elementary school
Where to Meet
Come to your elementary school in your cap and gown! Look for the buses and a check-in table. If you are driving, parking spaces may be available at the school, but most parking will be in adjacent neighborhoods.
What You will Receive
We are excited to celebrate your amazing accomplishment! This is your chance to visit with friends, thank those who helped you along this journey, and be celebrated by the Medford community! When you arrive:
- Volunteers will give you a big sticker of your senior picture and markers.
- Place your sticker on the banner that will hang on the side of the bus where you will sit. Routes will have turn around points so students on both sides of the bus will have the opportunity to see the school and all the staff who will be cheering you on!
- Use markers to write words of wisdom on the banner to the middle and elementary students. Banners will be delivered to schools after the event.
Where Families Can Watch
The route will go from the elementary school to both middle schools and all three high schools, then return to the elementary school where you began. You can catch buses at the following locations between 2:15 and 2:45. (They’re coming from different spots so they will be driving by at different times.)
- Jackson Street - between McLoughlin & Hedrick
- Hawthorne Park - Jackson Street side
- Columbus Street - between SMHS & Jackson
- Crater Lake Ave. - between Jackson & Brookhurst
- Stewart Ave - between Oakdale and Columbus
Look for your senior’s picture on the side of their bus!
Timeline for Students
- Arrive at your elementary school by 2:00 p.m.
- Elementary school departures by 2:15 p.m.
- Middle school arrivals begin at 2:30 p.m.
- High school arrivals begin at 3:00 p.m.
- Return to Elementary school by 4:00 p.m.
- Wear your cap and gown
- At your elementary school you will be provided a mask. It needs to be worn.
- As much as you want to hug everyone, you need to keep 6 feet of distance.
- When loading the bus, keep distance. Sit by the window and every other row.
- Open the windows so you can see and hear everyone cheering you on!
- Please stay on your side of the bus.