Welcome to the 2020-2021 school year!
In this crazy world we live in right now please know that the safety of our students, staff and community is and will always be our first priority and the most important thing we do. With that being said, providing a rich, relevant and appropriate education for ALL kids is what we are all passionate about and we are missing our students like mad! I wish I could provide you information that is concrete but the reality is that there are so many moving parts, that information changes daily.
Here is what I do know:
- The first 6 weeks will be Distance Learning for ALL students. Teachers will be providing instruction on all subjects virtually that mimics a schedule very close to that of “in-person school”. Students will need to get up at 7:30AM, attend a virtual Jumpstart with our school community and then participate in classes: Math, Language Arts, Science and Social Science, etc. Teachers will provide schedules. Attendance will be taken each day.
- The Oregon Department of Education is allowing small group gatherings of students on campus for no longer than 2 hours daily. We have not ironed out all the specifics about this but we hope to take advantage of this allowance with safety precautions in place so that we can be present with the kids.
- Medford Online Learning is available to families who wish to complete this academic year at home. Instruction will be provided by teachers of this “school” and will not be affiliated with ROCS. Families who choose this option may return to Ruch Outdoor Community School next school year 2021-2022 if the threat of the virus is no longer a concern and we are back to in person learning.
- The first day of school is September 8, 2020! We will be sending out information regularly to let you know of updates, happenings, and other pertinent information for you and your student.
- Our food service provider for Medford Schools will resume food services for our students. Soon, children 18 years and younger will be able to receive a free lunch daily M-F from three sites: Ruch School, McKee Bridge and Bolder City. More info to come
We have some staffing changes that we are very excited about and are equally saddened to say goodbye to Mr. Hartwell. After 40 years of service, Mr. Hartwell is looking forward to relaxing and spending quality time with his wife Stephanie.
Mr. Hubler and the facilities crew have been working hard all summer to get our campus in shape and ready. We are very fortunate to have someone like Mr. Hubler who really takes pride in our community school and strives to offer a beautiful campus for all who attend, work and visit here.
I hope this letter finds you and your family healthy and happy. We are in this together and please call me if you need questions answered or concerns we need to discuss. I am here for you.