Greetings Parents and Guardians!
On behalf of the staff at Jacksonville Elementary School, I would like to welcome you to the 2018-2019 school year! Our staff has diligently been preparing for the children’s arrival at school and we are very excited for the year to get underway, a few short days from now. We have a caring and compassionate staff, who strive to create an environment where all students will be successful, while learning at high levels. However, a crucial component of your child’s success in school will be because of a strong partnership with you. Children are successful in school when they are supported both in school and at home. The parents at Jacksonville know this and consistently do this very well. This is one reason that Jacksonville is such an outstanding school! Thank you all for this partnership!
As partners, here are some reminders of strategies that you may use at home to help continually support your child’s learning at school:
- Make sure that your child maintains good attendance and arrives on time daily, by 7:55 a.m.
- Have your child read outside of school, daily.
- Talk to your child about school. Ask specific questions about your child’s daily school experience. Alert your child’s teacher of any difficulty that your child is experiencing at school.
- Make sure that your child is completing assigned homework.
- Continue to speak to your child about the importance of school and that you expect him/her to succeed in school. Foster and encourage communication about their future career goals.
- Sign up to be a VIMS at Jacksonville. We have many opportunities! We cannot do school successfully without your help.
Parents, our theme this school year is "Opening Doors to a New World." This phrase is printed on our staff shirts and you will hear this repeated by myself and staff. We hope to inspire in our students, the desire, motivation and confidence to open new doors, doors that will result in a better school, a better community, and ultimately a better world, both now and in the future!
Parents, we are honored to be in the position of educating your child. We believe that all children have amazing potential and we look forward to observing the remarkable growth and accomplishments that children will experience this year. We will work hard to make this school year a positive experience for every student! Again, thank you in advance for your partnership!
Jacksonville Elementary School