Title IX-A (McKinney-Vento Act) - Homeless Education
The McKinney-Vento Act’s Education of Homeless Children and Youth Program, ensures that homeless children and youth are provided a free, appropriate public education, despite lack of a fixed place of residence or a supervising parent or guardian. The state public school admission statute assuring the right of homeless and other children and youth in similar circumstances to enroll in schools is ORS 339.115(7). 
The Medford School District contracts these services with Maslow Project.
For more detail please visit www.maslowproject.com or call Maslow Project directly at 541-608-6868
If you live in any of the following situations:
- In a shelter
- In a motel or campground due to the lack of an alternative adequate accommodation
- In a car, park, abandoned building, or bus or train station
- Sharing housing or doubled up with other people due to loss of housing or economic hardship
You may qualify for certain rights and protection under the federal McKinney-Vento Act
Eligible students have the right to:
- Receive a free, appropriate public education.
- Enroll in school immediately, even if lacking documents normally required for enrollment.
- Enroll in the local school; or continue attending their school of origin (the school they attended when permanently housed or the school in which they were last enrolled), if that is their preference and is feasible.
- If the school district believes that the school selected is not in his/her best interest, then district must provide the student with a written explanation of its position and inform the student of his/her right to appeal its decision.
- Receive transportation to and from the school of origin, if requested.
- Receive educational services comparable to those provided to other students, according to the students' needs.
If you believe you may be eligible, contact the Maslow Project to find out what services and supports may be available.
Educational Right Poster for Youth English Spanish
Educational Right Poster for Parent English Spanish
Medford School Board Policy
Oregon State Department of Education, McKinney-Vento Act: Homeless Education Program, http://www.oregon.gov/ode/schools-and-districts/grants/ESEA/McKinney-Vento/Pages/default.aspx (December, 2017)
Executive Director541-842-3633Administrative Assistant541-842-3633Grant Analyst II541-842-1013Foster Care Point of Contact541-842-1076
Mailing Address900 Kenyon StreetMedford, OR 97501Location3525 Excel DriveMedford, OR 97504
Maslow Project541-608-6868Location500 Monroe StreetMedford, OR 97501Mailing AddressPO Box 999Medford, OR 97501