New - ParentVue and Canvas Portal Information
ParentVUE is a website that offers secure, private access to school and student information, including attendance, school calendar, and teacher contact details. You can see the information for all your students in ParentVUE. To view your student grades, that will be only on Canvas.
WHY ARE WE USING CANVAS?
Medford School District uses Canvas, a learning management system (LMS) to provide teachers, students, and families tools that enhance learning and communication both inside and outside of the school building. Teachers use Canvas to deliver course materials, contact information, and utilize the calendar feature, which puts all of your student's assignments and other important date information for all courses into one, color-coded calendar. Canvas helps keep a student's school life simple, as all course information is found within one tool, not scattered across many. Canvas also allows our teachers and students to use our 1:1 technology more efficiently and more effectively.
ABOUT THE OBSERVER ACCOUNT FOR FAMILIES
We highly encourage parents/guardians to sit down regularly with their student to view Canvas multiple times a week, so that the child remains up to date on assignments and events in class. Parents can activate their free Observer account to view the resources and activities posted in their student’s courses. You can access our Canvas by using a browser on a computer, or by installing the Canvas Parent app on your mobile device.
Observer accounts can:
- Read announcements, view the calendar, and see the course syllabus.
- Access a list of assignments with due dates.
- See your student's assignments, but not his/her discussion posts
- View your student’s scores/grading on assignments in Canvas.
- Use the Inbox to contact the teacher.
- Set up notifications to get emails or texts for announcements, assignments, etc.
- View the instructional content in the course.