Oregon Releases Draft State Plan under the Every Student Succeeds Act
It is with great anticipation and excitement that the Oregon Department of Edcuation (ODE) shares with you Oregon’s Draft State Plan under the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA). You can view the State Plan, technical document, and take a survey to provide your feedback on our website here.
Oregon’s State Plan reflects a shared statewide vision for Oregon’s students and schools. The State Plan development process was grounded in extensive outreach and engagement efforts with thousands of Oregonians, including school and district leaders and staff , families and communities, tribal leaders, policymakers and state agency representatives to Reimagine Education in Oregon. Throughout this process, ODE encouraged educators and communities to think big, be bold, and to innovate. ODE welcomes your feedback and input on this draft. The timeline below outlines key dates:
- February 14 – Draft State Plan posted for public comment
- February 23 – First reading to the State Board of Education
- March 3 – Revised State Plan posted for 30 days of public comment
- March 23 – Second reading to the State Board of Education
- April 3 – Submit State Plan to the U.S. Department of Education